New York Construction Loading Accident Attorney
Injuries from Improper Loading and Unloading
Helping Injured Construction Workers in the New York City Area Since 1981
The proper and safe loading and unloading of construction materials take both skill and care. An error in judgment, a slight miscalculation or a mechanical mistake can result in injuries not just to the loader but to nearby workers and to workers unloading materials at the route's other end.
The New York construction accident attorneys of The Orlow Firm have handled injury claims involving improper loading and unloading and are highly knowledgeable regarding both the risks workers face and the laws that support workers' right to compensation following injuries. Were you injured in a loading or unloading accident involving:
- The overloading of cargo?
- Poorly secured loads?
- The improper stacking of material upon unloading materials or before loading freight?
- An unsafe loading or unloading location, like an ingress, egress, exit or entryway?
Cases can arise when a client has:
- Been struck or crushed when overloaded cargos spring material onto workers
- Been injured when locks and securing mechanisms fail
- Been struck by loose cargo
- Been hurt by cargo and freight placed in the way of machinery
A recent case demonstrates our effectiveness in handling cases that involve loading and unloading accidents.
If you have been injured by improperly loaded or unloaded bricks, logs, sheet rock or other construction material, contact our firm for a no-charge consultation even if you have already filed a workers' compensation claim. You may have an actionable third-party claim if a contractor or other third party was responsible for the dangerous condition that led to your injuries.
Contact The Orlow Firm
We offer free initial consultations and operate three offices across New York City for your convenience. We can go to you if you cannot come to us. To contact a lawyer, call 866-959-7202.